It is one thing to be landlocked – to have no way out to the ocean or sea, it is quite another to be "houselocked" – to have no legal means of leaving your premises. Yet, to quell the spread of coronavirus, that is the situation we are presently facing. Nursing and retirement homes are deciding every day not only to restrict people coming in, but also to restrict the inhabitants from congregating with each other within the building. They are literally houselocked – having to stay within the confines of their apartment or room. I don’t know how many are like me, but I suffer from staying in the same place too long. I feel as if I have to get up and move at least every hour or so.
As I was thinking of this, I thought of a challenge. Nothing makes us feel better than hearing some good news;
Like a drink of cool water to a weary, thirsty soul, so hearing good news revives the spirit. Proverbs 25:25 (TPT)
What if we all challenged ourselves to call at least three people every day and share with them something that you know that is good, like:
1. that you woke up this morning in your right mind (depending upon how old you are, this can really be a blessing)
2. that your arms and hands and fingers and legs and feet still move and they can take you where you need to go
3. that you live in a warm home
4. that you could go to the refrigerator and get something to eat, and then to a working stove to cook it
5. that you had food because you had money to buy it
6. that you had running water to clean yourself
7. that you had electricity to turn on the lights
8 .that you were able to say good morning to either someone in your house, or could call someone to tell them good morning
9. that you had a means to communicate with the world outside your house
10. that you have a relationship with the God who gave all the above blessings to richly enjoy!
These are only ten beginning points, you could do your own, and get many more than these. Why don’t you share some good news, it will be life to their body and refreshing to their soul – yours too!