Mission Possible!

We are all sent on various missions in this life, most of the time not even realizing it. Some missions we accept, while others we reject. If we are honest, one of the major reasons we fail at certain missions is because we’re too afraid to try! One study suggests that only 8 percent of people achieve their goals, that leaves 92 percent not achieving. One of the major reasons cited is that they don’t have a clear view of where they want to go, or end up. 

Abraham sent his trusted servant on a mission to find a wife for his son Issac from among his people in Mesopotamia. Not having been there for many years, the servant was concerned about many things with the paramount concern that the woman may not want to leave her family and return with him. This was Abraham’s reply:

30 He responded, ‘The Lord, in whose presence I have lived, will send his angel with you and will make your mission successful.Genesis 24:30 (NLT)

Abraham had assurance that his Servant would be successful in his mission, because Abraham lived in "the presence of the :Lord"

We can be assured that we will achieve our mission if we daily practice living in the presence of the Lord. He will not only be a shield all around us, our protector, but He will be the guide that goes before us, pointing us on the pathway to success. He will be that "voice in our ear" telling us which way to go. He will undergird us with His strength. He is the faithful God who will fight for us when we come across adversaries.

We are now entering the third week of the New Year – there have been things beyond our control that have hindered us from fulfilling certain missions. God is opening up doors and leading us onto pathways to get His people moving again. There are yet connections that must be made, promises to be fulfilled, challenges to be overcome. We have this assurance that:

Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: Philippians 1:6 (KJV)